Live abroad (first one) – done!

On my Bucket list there was also one of the goals – Live abroad.

In this blog post I’ll share my experience of living abroad. As my abroad destination I choose – Malta.

How it was?!

And why Malta?

You will found out if you continue reading this..

Every traveler once in his life ask himself how is to live abroad? Not only to travel around this amazing world – just to live somewhere abroad far away enough from your home to get new experience and breathe the air of new places. I was wandering about that whole my life, I wanted to live abroad. And finally after 22 years that day came. I manage everything and my dream come true – I pack my life in 23 kg and went to grab the adventure of my life!

Was that a good decision?

Definitely!

The BEST one I ever decided! When I was choosing the country, in that moment I didn’t know where I want to go, it was one of the hardest things. I knew I want a country where I can lay in the sun and swim during the hot summer days. The best one that fits to me in that moment was Malta.

Malta is small island country in the Mediterranean Sea. The capital of Malta is Valletta. For all travelers and also for me – the most important thing is the weather and climate. Malta has a Mediterranean climate, with very mild winters and warm hot summers. Rain occurs mainly in autumn and winter, with summer being generally dry. So according to International Living, Malta is the country with the best climate in the world.

…Because of that I’m so glad I had an opportunity to live there and spend a little part of my life in that island.

If you LIVE in Malta, you won’t have any problems with language. Their official language is Maltese, but the second one is – English. So almost all people in the island speaks English. That makes Malta more attractive and one of the countries that you put on your Bucket list.

When I made a decision that I’m leaving to live abroad and I announced it to all my friends and family, a lot of them asked me:

• How did you decide to do this step?
  • Are you afraid?
  • How long are you going to stay?
  • What are you going to do there?
  • Is it safe?
  • You are not a little bit to young to do that step?

On all these questions you will find an answer in my coming blog posts, where I’m going to write about my life abroad in Malta, about the things that you need to be careful about and what you need to get there.

Until that, while you’re reading this, I’m packing for my new super exciting life abroad. I’m moving again!

Where to this time?

…Stay tuned… 😉

You can check my Bucket list on this link,  I hope you’ll like it. Also I’m looking forward that you’re gonna share yours with me! 🙂

14 thoughts on “Live abroad (first one) – done!

1. Geemiz says:

I am looking forward to reading your series of post on why you have chosen Malta and how beautiful Malta is. I have heard about Malta but had never a chance to look it up, now you make me want to check on Malta. I wish you luck on your new journey on living abroad.

Liked by 1 person

2. Jas says:

I’ve been hearing great things about Malta from a few traveler friends, but I don’t think I actually know anyone who’s lived there. Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience and I’m for sure tempted to visit now especially since they speak English there too!

Liked by 1 person

3. Nomadic Shoes says:

Wow, amazing. I have always wondered how it will feel to stay in some other country? But the thought always scares me. Looking forward to read more about your journey in Malta.

Liked by 1 person

4. Followingtherivera says:

I spend summers in Siciy, and this year, I’d love to see Malta and take a boat from there. It looks so lovely, and petite too! Great to know there’s no language barrier, and I’m so looking forward to reading your next blog about living abroad.

Liked by 1 person

5. Medha Verma says:

I know of people who have visited Malta on a vacation but I don’t know anyone that has moved there to live! Sounds like the weather is quite good and the fact that English is the second language definitely makes things easier. Just like other people ask you – I have similar questions, why Malta? What made you choose it specifically? I guess I’ll have to wait for more posts to know the answers to that 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. forever roaming the world says:

I smiled as I read through this post because I can relate – I was 26 when I first moved to another country but like you say it’s a life long dream and since then while I’ve been traveling the world I’ve been lucky enough to live in some amazing countries so I hope the same for you – Did you feel liberated when you finally moved?

Liked by 1 person