This August I visited Budapest again after 4 years. Definitely it brings me some memories, but it’s amazing any time. I always discover something new about Budapest and about the things that it has to offer.
So, this time it was nothing different from my last visit. I was searching for a place where I can eat well and where the ambient is warm and welcoming. I found all that and much more in Costes restaurant.
WHAT DID I TAKE?
The restaurant is an intimate cozy atmosphere, very colorful and does not hold a lot of tables.
Is there any better start than with a glass of campaign?
My suggestion is to go with a 4 course menu, it’s enough and you won’t be hungry after taking it. With 4 course menu you got 3 dishes and dessert.
Our choice was:
1. SMOKED SZENTGYORGYVAR STUGERON (“Tejfol”, Hungarian osetra caviar, potato, leek)
2. DUCK LIVER FROM THE KUNSAG REGION (marinated in Tokaji wine, cucumber, granny simple apple, homemade brioche)
FISH AND PRE-MAIN COURSES
- LILLAFRUNED TROUT (Hungarian green split pea dish – fozelek, green beans, caviar, savory)
- BALATON (LELLE) PIKE (summer truffle, wild mushrooms, sabayon, spring onion)
- VEAL FILLET (steamed dumpling, colurful carrtos from our garden, ramson seeds)
- CHEF’S SOMLOI GALUSKA (Nograd walnut, rum and raisin, chocolate)
All the time between your courses there are like a little surprises that you get. It’s quite cute and delicious. Here is what we had.
Except this restaurant being exceptionally clean and having great service and I really have no objections on the hotel it is amazing.
- Service is great
- Staff is one of the best I have ever met
- Really clean
- Amazing food and drinks
- Superb Location
- Nice decor